UN says 'many obstacles' remain to Gaza aid efforts
Tom Fletcher, the United Nations' under-secretary-general for humanitarian affairs and emergency relief coordinator, said in a Monday statement that the UN and its partners "have fed more than a million people" in Gaza since the signing of a ceasefire there last month.

"Nutrition sites have been reopened and hospitals are treating more patients," Fletcher said. "Roads have been cleared. Vital immunizations are being resumed. Water lines repaired. Winter clothes and blankets are being distributed and mental health and psycho-social services delivered."
But Fletcher said that "many obstacles remain" that are preventing the adequate flow of aid into the devastated Palestinian territory.
"We're working to overcome red tape, enable essential humanitarian partners, open more crossings and routes and navigate continued insecurity," Fletcher said.
"With these constraints eased, we can do much more to save many more lives," he added.
-ABC News' Cindy Smith and Will Gretsky





