IDF chief condemns Israeli settler violence in West Bank
Israel Defense Forces chief Eyal Zamir has issued a rare rebuke of Israeli settler violence in the West Bank after dozens set fire to a dairy factory.
“We are aware of the violent incidents of recent days in which Israeli civilians attacked Palestinians and Israelis. I strongly condemn them. The IDF will not tolerate the phenomena of a minority of criminals who tarnish a law-abiding public," Zamir said.
"These are acts that are contrary to our values. They constitute crossing a red line and divert the forces' attention from fulfilling their mission - the defense of the settlements and offensive activity. We are determined to stop this phenomenon and will act severely on this matter until justice is served," Zamir said.

Video verified by ABC News show the moment a group of masked men, identified by the Israeli authorities as settlers, attacked a Palestinian dairy factory in the West Bank on Tuesday, setting on fire their delivery trucks, smashing windows and then fleeing.
Four people among the dozens of Israeli settlers that carried out such acts of "extremist violence" in Beit Lid were arrested, according to the Israeli Police.
This is the latest attack in the context of a surge of violence against Palestinians. The current olive harvest season has seen a sharp rise in "nationalistic crime" incidents; 86 incidents only in October 2025, compared to 25 incidents during the same period last year, according to Israeli army data.
-ABC News' Camilla Alcini, Nasser Atta and Jordana Miller







