President Donald Trump did not rule out seeking a third term for president when asked by NBC on Sunday, saying, “There are methods which you could do it."
“A lot of people want me to do it,” Trump said Sunday. “But, I mean, I basically tell them we have a long way to go, you know, it’s very early in the administration.”
Meanwhile, tariffs on imported autos are to go into effect on Wednesday. While economist predict Trump's tariffs will raise prices in the U.S., his tariffs czar, Peter Navarro, predicted they would result in tax cuts: "Tariffs are tax cuts, tariffs are jobs, tariffs are national security, tariffs are great for America," Navarro told Fox News.
Social Security Administration delays in-person identity checks by 2 weeks
The Social Security Administration announced Wednesday that it is delaying its plan to require in-person identity verification for millions of new and existing recipients.
Originally set to take effect on March 31, the change will now begin on April 14. Previously, recipients of Social Security could verify their identity over the phone.
A Social Security Administration office in Washington, Mar. 26, 2025.
Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images
"We have listened to our customers, Congress, advocates, and others," acting SSA Commissioner Lee Dudek said in a statement.
Dudek added that the delay will "ensure our employees have the training they need" before the policy takes effect.
-ABC News' Will Steakin
Mar 26, 2025, 4:17 PM EDT
DC Appeals court rejects Trump effort to end restraining order on deportations
The D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals has rejected the Trump administration's effort to lift Judge James Boasberg's block on deportations under the Alien Enemies Act.
The judges voted 2-1.
-ABC News' Katherine Faulders
President Donald Trump speaks at a reception celebrating Women's History Month in the East Room of the White House, Mar. 26, 2025, in Washington.
Jacquelyn Martin/AP
Mar 26, 2025, 3:04 PM EDT
Rubio says 'someone made a big mistake' with Signal group chat
Secretary of State Marco Rubio weighed in on the Signal debacle for the first time during a press conference in Jamaica, acknowledging that "obviously someone made a big mistake" but insisting that the overall mission was never jeopardized.
"Let me just say on the Signal thing--this thing was set up for purposes of coordinating how everyone was going to call…you know when these things happen, I need to call foreign ministers, especially of our close allies. We need to notify members of Congress. Other members of the team have different people they need to notify as well. And that was the purpose of why it was set up," Rubio said.
1:58
Sec. of State Rubio on Signal chat: ' Someone made a big mistake'Secretary of State Marco Rubio weighed in on the Signal debacle for the first time, acknowledging that “someone made a big mistake and added a journalist.”
ABCNews.com
Rubio then spoke specifically to his contributions to the chat.
"I contributed to it twice. I identified my point of contact, which is my Chief of Staff, and then later on, I think three hours after the White House's official announcements have been made, I congratulated the members of the team," he said.
Secretary of State Marco Rubio meets with Prime Minister of Jamaica Andrew Holness and local delegations at the Office of the Prime Minister in Kingston, Jamaica, Mar. 26, 2025.
Nathan Howard/Reuters
Pressed on whether the information shared was classified, Rubio pivoted to the administration's talking points on what specifically constitutes war plans.
Still, Rubio said the incident must be investigated.
"I think there'll be reforms and changes made so this never ... this was not going to happen again. It can't," he said.
-ABC News' Shannon Kingston
Mar 26, 2025, 2:37 PM EDT
Hegseth again denies he shared 'war plans' on Signal
Prior to boarding a flight to Guam from Hawaii, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth made his most extensive comments yet about the Signal group and the information he shared about the Houthis. He continued to deny war plans were shared in the group chat.
"Nobody's texting war plans. I noticed this morning out came something that doesn't look like war plans. And as a matter of fact, they even changed the title to attack plans, because they know it's not war plans," Hegseth said. "There's no units, no locations, no routes, no flight paths, no sources, no methods, no classified information," he said without answering any more questions.
Secretary of Defense Peter Hegseth, Mar. 21, 2025, Jeffrey Goldberg, Editor-in-Chief, The Atlantic, Mar. 25, 2025 and White House National Security Adviser Mike Waltz, Feb. 20, 2025.