Trump says 3rd term isn't a joke, despite term limit

"A lot of people want me to do it," Trump told NBC on Sunday.

Last Updated: March 30, 2025, 10:05 PM EDT

President Donald Trump did not rule out seeking a third term for president when asked by NBC on Sunday, saying, “There are methods which you could do it."

“A lot of people want me to do it,” Trump said Sunday. “But, I mean, I basically tell them we have a long way to go, you know, it’s very early in the administration.”

Meanwhile, tariffs on imported autos are to go into effect on Wednesday. While economist predict Trump's tariffs will raise prices in the U.S., his tariffs czar, Peter Navarro, predicted they would result in tax cuts: "Tariffs are tax cuts, tariffs are jobs, tariffs are national security, tariffs are great for America," Navarro told Fox News.

Mar 26, 2025, 5:42 PM EDT

Trump dismisses concerns about tariffs on the market

President Donald Trump was asked about the effects of the tariffs on the stock market, given drops seen Wednesday in anticipation of the foreign automaker tariff.

He said he didn't hear about the drop but claimed the effects won't be long term.

President Donald Trump speaks before signing an executive order announcing tariffs on auto imports in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, Mar. 26, 2025.
Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images

"That will take care of itself. That could take care of itself in one day, two days or one week," Trump said.

Mar 26, 2025, 5:28 PM EDT

Trump announces 25% tariff on foreign automobile makers

The president on Wednesday signed an executive order that issued a 25% tariff on foreign-made cars, which will go into effect on April 2.

President Donald Trump announces tariffs on auto imports in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, Mar. 26, 2025.
Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images

"I think our automobile industry will flourish like it hasn't before," President Donald Trump said.

Mar 26, 2025, 5:25 PM EDT

Social Security Administration delays in-person identity checks by 2 weeks

The Social Security Administration announced Wednesday that it is delaying its plan to require in-person identity verification for millions of new and existing recipients.

Originally set to take effect on March 31, the change will now begin on April 14. Previously, recipients of Social Security could verify their identity over the phone.

A Social Security Administration office in Washington, Mar. 26, 2025.
Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images

"We have listened to our customers, Congress, advocates, and others," acting SSA Commissioner Lee Dudek said in a statement.

Dudek added that the delay will "ensure our employees have the training they need" before the policy takes effect.

-ABC News' Will Steakin

Mar 26, 2025, 4:17 PM EDT

DC Appeals court rejects Trump effort to end restraining order on deportations

The D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals has rejected the Trump administration's effort to lift Judge James Boasberg's block on deportations under the Alien Enemies Act.

The judges voted 2-1.

-ABC News' Katherine Faulders

President Donald Trump speaks at a reception celebrating Women's History Month in the East Room of the White House, Mar. 26, 2025, in Washington.
Jacquelyn Martin/AP

Sponsored Content by Taboola